Monday, July 21, 2008

The Name

His name will be Elijah James. The majority of people I've told this to have liked the name. A few seemed puzzled about the decision, not that it was their decision to make. We chose Elijah from the bible.


Elijah

Language/Cultural Origin: Hebrew

Inherent Meaning: The Lord is My God.

Spiritual Connotation: Spiritual Champion

Scripture: Proverbs 3:6

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

James is a family name. It is my father's and grandfather's name.


James

Language/Cultural Origin: Hebrew

Inherent Meaning: Supplanter.

Spiritual Connotation: Nurtured

Scripture: Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I cannot wait to meet my son, Elijah James.

No comments: