Sunday, August 3, 2008

Elijah Kicks

Elijah is kicking. It has to be one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. To know that he is growing on the inside and it is now evident on the outside, even tho we can't see him yet is an amazing realization. The first time I felt him was about 2 weeks ago. It was a Friday and I was laying on the bed and Katie ran in and pounced on me. I flipped her over and started playing with her belly (just to be obnoxious). I stopped and got a thump thump response. Being startled, I looked up at Katie and she said "That's the baby". I put my hand on her belly again and felt another thump. It was such a perfect moment.

I felt him kick again this morning and that is what has prompted this post. I'm one very excited soon-to-be dad. I really can't wait.

No comments: