Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Get things done a lil at a time...

So here's where we're at:
-The crib is put together. I'll post some pictures later.
-The room is half way cleaned out (Katie still has some school stuff in there).
-The paint color for the walls is picked out. It's called Pearl Lake (it's blue, I'd call it baby blue).
-The clothes we have are seperated and the changing table is coming together.
-We got the quilt from Pottery Barn and will be buying other pieces over the next few months. We are also going to register there (I think, but I could be wrong).

I think Labor Day weekend will be rather laborous for me, as I plan to get alot done over those few days.

We've been reading to him every night and he seems to enjoy some Dr. Seuss and Disney. He really starts kicking when we're reading to him. I can't help but notice every baby around me and wonder what he'll look like, smell like and feel like. I know to everyone else, he'll be a baby. Not to me, though, he'll be my son. That's somewhat difficult to wrap my head around at times but it has me engulfed in this new phase of curiosity. This new sense of who I am in Christ, who I am as a husband, a brother, a son, a worker and a friend. I'm ever changing, constantly the same, knowing who I am and from where I came.

God is love, Rev. Run
Oops. I mean, nevertheless, God is love. Aaron

No comments: